Hours of Operation
Kentucky Horse Racing Commission Licensing Office
(Located at the Kentucky Horse Park)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Telephone: (859) 246-2040
Fax: (859) 246-2039
Address: 4063 Iron Works Parkway | Buliding B
Lexington, KY 40511
Turfway Park Licensing Office
Office Hours: *Thursday - Sunday 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.*
Telephone: (859) 647-4768
Address: 7500 Turfway Rd.
Florence, KY 41022
*Special Hours These Days*:
- 2/11/2016 | Thursday | 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- 2/12/2016 | Friday | 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- 2/13/2016 | Saturday | 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- 2/14/2016 | Sunday | 8:00 a.m. - Until Last Race
How to Obtain a License
To download licensing applications please visit our Forms page.
There are five ways to obtain your Kentucky Horse Racing Commission license.
Go to the live meet track license office.
Go to the KHRC office located at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Mail your application along with the fee to the central office.
Fax your application along with a credit card number to the central office or live meet track.
- Faxed license applications are accepted at both the central office and the live meet track with a license fee credit card payment option. There is an additional $4 administrative fee for all credit card payments.
Print one of the licensing applications listed on the Forms page and complete all fields of the application. Please remember to sign and date your application and to include an email address. An incomplete application will delay your licensure.
We accept cash, checks, money orders or credit card payments. There is a $4 administrative fee on all credit card payments and there is a $20 fee on all returned checks. Credit cards accepted are:
Remember that all stable employee applicants must have their applications signed by the trainer or assistant trainer for whom they work.